Monday, December 12, 2011

Is the tax credit still available for first time home buyers?

I would like to purchase the house I am currently living in before I do my taxes next year. Since I will be a first time home buyer, will I still be eligible to get the tax credit or was that a one-time thing couple yrs ago? Sorry, don't know much about these things....|||That $8000 credit is ancient history now. It expired in 2009. At this time, you end up purchasing conventionally with no special credits, first time home buyer or not. Your state or locality MIGHT have some credit it is offering, and you will need to check any such availability.|||No. That costly boondoggle is long gone. Actually, a lot of people who got it are now being charged with fraud and have to pay it back - with interest and penalties. You need to have a proper down payment, etc, saved up. Dipping into taxpayers' wallets always costs you in the end - higher taxes, if nothing else.|||No.





It expired over a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment