Monday, December 12, 2011

Is credit still available from banks?

I'm planning to pay off my final credit card bill and be debt free and afterwords apply for more credit. I only have one credit card with a $1,000 limit.





I want to raise my credit limit to at least $15,000. Are banks still giving out credit?|||Why would you want a $15,000. credit card limit at the astronomical interest rates they charge? Why not just get a line of credit from your bank. The interest rates on lines of credit are running about 4% right now. If you have good credit, you should have no problem getting one. They work just like a credit card...........





While I do have significant credit card limits, I only use them to get the travel points and pay the balances off each statement. I have learned to use them so well that I usually travel for little or nothing.|||Not that much!|||Yes i just had to take out a loan for a medical procedure and only had to try 2 banks before it was approved.|||Only if you have good credit , if not forget about it.|||if the card you are paying off isn't raising your limits already then....no you won't get any more credit....|||To some that have a fico score of above 720 and even then it is hard to get. Paying down or off your debt is always a good thing to do.|||Bank of America just received a 33 Billion bailout, from the U.S. Gov't. I can't wait for them to call me for a past due balance.|||i can,but i have a zero debt right now with a 740 credit rating.and i still would get denied in over half of the banks.pretty rough out there.i have my money in a smaller bank system who actually checked the credit of people applying for loans.|||You got ta be kidding me


.


Banks have credit


.


No way they are too busy taping into the free be check of billions of dollars that the government had printed up for them to have a fling at the best resort on the coast


.


Remember they the CEO's have a life style they have to keep up and it ain't a cheep one either


.


So back to your credit from a bank question


.


Nope not unless you have a Bill Gates kind of credit score


.


And we all know that in today's America those kind are getting kind of on the short side of finding


.|||If you have very good credit yes. If you have excellent credit they'll be throwing money at you.|||Yes, I actually got pre-approved for another home loan a few months ago. My brother just got a Target card a few months ago too. So yes, it's out there.





As for your situation, you should wait a little time after paying off your debt before applying for another card. That time will allow your credit score to go up, which will get you better interest rates and you'll be more likely to be approved in this tough market.|||Sure it is if you have a job and pay your bills. right now is a great time to buy a house. they are cheaper and interest is around 5%|||dunno|||Only if you can prove that you don't need it.. as usual.|||I just refinanced the house. It was easy

No comments:

Post a Comment